Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random Wedding thoughts


One of the things that I thought would be great to do with this space is talk about our wedding back in November and share with brides and grooms to be some advice and thoughts.

Looking back at the wedding day itself, there is one thing that I think Kimberly and I would have thought out a bit more if we had the chance. Photographs. We chose a company, Bella Pictures, that had offices all across the country and a great reputation. We had heard so many disturbing stories from friends and strangers alike about terrible photographs, awful personalities, and, in the worst case scenarios, bankrupt companies who run without giving you your memories. Bella was too big a company to not at least come through with the pictures that were taken. They also had a great way of going through your photographer selection process. You would rate at least 50 pictures that would then match you up with a photographer.

With all that said, whether you go local or national, be sure to be in control of your entire day. If there are pictures you want, tell the photog before your day even begins. Give them a full background of people and shots that you want and let them capture the rest. The strangest thing for me was that I didn't take a single photo the day or night of our wedding. I love taking pictures and love taking candid shots. Our photograher Tobias did a great job with capturing individual moments, but there were definitely random group shots I wish I had asked for at the time. Shots of my brothers and I... shots of me and my second family, the Lanzafamas. So while there are amazing shots... we don't have all the shots we wanted.

The day flies by and really should be a time of fun and love. But taking the time to plan out what shots you are looking for and letting your photog know will let you look back six months later and love every single shot you have.

As an aside, we had a great experience with Bella and would recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment