Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First Trip to the New Yankee Stadium


This past Saturday, Kimberly and I jumped in the Hyundai and headed down to Belmar, NJ to help out with the surprise of my buddy Mike on his 30th birthday. His wonderful fiance' Kristina had rented a limo to head to Yankee Stadium to celebrate. We all piled into the stretch SUV and started the celebration early.

The ride in was fun and rolling up to the Major Deegan I had a great sense of anticipation. I had passed the new stadium a few times while driving into Astoria in the past, but I had yet to get there for a game. We got dropped off right in front of the the golden Yankee Stadium lettering on the new home office of baseball.

We all fled the confines of the SUV to head into the River Ave home of the Bronx Bombers. I was very impressed with the way they made sure to give you the opportunity to see the field while walking the concourses. Fine, beers are 9 bucks and food is over priced. And there are many empty seats. But I loved the place. I can't wait to go back with friends and family.

The Yankees lost in my first trip to the new Yankee Stadium. CC Sabathia didn't have his best outing. But it was a great trip.

1 comment: