Monday, May 18, 2009

AIDS Walk 2009 - Done and Done

Kimberly, her cheerleaders from Bryant High School in Astoria, NY, and myself ventured in to Manhattan to take part in the AIDs Walk. I made the terrible decision to walk from Penn Station up to Central Park... three avenues and 25 blocks. That equates to around 2.2 miles when all is said and done. So, before even walking a step to help raise money for AIDs research, I put in 2.2 miles. Then came the 6.2 miles that took us through Central Park out to the west side of town and back into Central Park.

Around mile number 2 my knees began barking at me. Around mile four, my left hip decided to go all geriatric on me. And by mile six, I was in more pain than I can remember for a long, long time. I tried my best to suck it up and walk... but you know me... I had to complain. I didn't do too much, because a couple of Kimberly's cheerleaders were well out ahead of me in the complaining department. But all five of them made it through all 6.2 miles and seemed to be proud of themselves at the end.

Kimberly and her girls raised about 340 dollars to donate to the foundation. Thanks to everyone who donated and keep up the great work. As the economy continues to stink, its even more important to donate to these good causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment